Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mommy Mojo

(To be sung to the tune of "Oh Where, Oh Where has my Little Dog Gone?")


Oh where, oh where has my mo - jo gone???  Or where, oh where can it be?  I used to have lots til I got all these tots... oh where, oh where can it be???


Had to do some soul searching today.  You see, I need to redifine my goals.  I have had sooo many changes in the last few years that I kind of got lost in the shuffle.


There's a long story (everybody's got one, right?) and I won't bore you with all the details but here's where I ended up:
  • Very happily married (thank you God!)
  • 3 beautiful, healthy children
  • Stay at home mom
  • Virtual schooling (it's kind of like homeschooling) my G & T 8 year old
  • My 2 year old is also home full time, minus the 6 hrs / week she goes to Montessori preK
  • My 7 year old daughter attends a public Montessori different from the one my 2 year old goes to
Any mommy reading this blog knows that when these variables are calculated they will equate to CHAOS!  She also knows that maintaining any sense of self would be very difficult. 


Here's where my journey comes in.  I need to set a good example for these children.  I need to show them that taking care of themselves is a priority, not a crime.  However, I can't leave them behind as I take my journey so I need to take the whole family!  I'm gonna have to pack carefully!


Stay tuned...  the next few posts will be about what I intend to "pack" for the great journey I'm about to embark upon.  You're all invited too!  But you gotta pack your own bag, I got enuf to do!  :)

No comments: