Friday, October 14, 2011

I'm sitting at the computer, just sitting.  My brain is a jumble of what I should be doing, what I could be doing and what I really am doing.  My son is busily completing a science lesson, my daughter is at school and the baby is taking her clothes off for the millionth time.  There are dishes to be done, laundry to be put away, baking to do and here I sit.  My husband once suggested that I might spend a wee bit too much time at the computer to which I noisily replied, "I have to do my research!".   


I can laugh at it now.  I was justifying my lengthy time at the computer by saying that I was "researching all things fitness".   True though it may have been, research does not burn calories, increase V02 max, or build stronger muscles.  Reading blogs of fitness gurus I admire and respect might be motivating but if you do it too much it makes your butt big!  And all the healthy recipes I print out do me no good if I don't make 'em.  I can look up workouts and exercises till I turn blue but if I don't actually move, what's the point???


So it's time to do something.  I have to start somewhere.  You see, I'm at quite a stand still.  Ok, maybe a sit still would be a better way to put it.  The hardest part of doing anything is always getting started.  Do you see what I'm getting at?  We all have to suck it up and just go for it!  What if we all just started "doing"? 


So here is what I'm going to do today (minimum):
  • Dishes
  • Put away laundry
  • Workout
  • Drive 2 oldest kiddos to their dad's house.  (3 hrs away)
I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: