Monday, October 17, 2011

The "Fitness Fridge" & more...

Well... so I got most of it done.  Most of what I said I was going to do on Friday, that is.  I also accomplished all my baking this weekend, which felt great!  Now I have plenty of healthy, high protein foods at the ready, in my "Fitness Fridge", so that I can't mess up my meal plan.  Here's a list of what I baked:
  • Jamie Eason's Carrot Bars (dbl batch cause I can't keep my fam out of them)
  • Chelle's Work Out Bombs (See Recipe for Fitness on my blog list.  They r "THE BOMB"!)
  • Jamie Eason's Chocolate Protein Bars
  • Mommy McMoofins (a yummy breakfast muffin I created based on Chelle's Egg Muffins)
Also in my "Fitness Fridge" I have:
  • Energy Drinks (maybe when baby starts sleeping all night I won't need these so bad but right now you'd find me asleep under my desk w/out them!)
  • Hard boiled, cage free, humanely raised eggs (YES!  These criteria are important!)
  • Pure Protein Bars (pre-packaged so I can throw them in my purse)
  • EAS Myoplex Lite shakes (again pre-packaged so I can grab and go) 
What is a "Fitness Fridge" you ask???
This is my "Fitness Fridge"
A "Fitness Fridge"  is a dorm room sized refrigerator full of the foods a fitness obsessed girl needs to keep her on track.  The extras go in the "Fitness Fridge" (see above list).  The things that you add in to your meal plan in order to really kick it into high gear.  My regular fridge is where I keep all my fresh, whole foods that I use to cook family meals and such.  This week's stars are bok choy, daikon, and fresh beets.  YUM!


So I'm revisiting some goals this week. I've been a little lazy the last few weeks with my eating and I really want to get back at it.  My first goal is to eat every two hours.  Sounds like a lot, right?  IT IS!!!  And that is why I tend to slack on this goal.  I'm not always hungry every two hours and sometimes it actually seems like I shouldn't even be eating.  BUT-- if I remind myself of why I'm eating I can usually choke it down.  Why am I eating every two hours?  To train my body to trust me!  When you feed your body nutrient dense, low fat, high protein foods you are telling it that it's ok to let go of that extra fat it has been insisting you carry around.  It also tells your body that it's going to be getting plenty of protein so it needn't feed on that precious muscle you've worked so hard to develop.


Well, that's a lot to digest (ha ha) all at once so I'll leave you to chew on that. 
Happy Monday, dear reader. 

No comments: