Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Competitors should be like Veggies :)

Today I am on my soapbox.  Today I need to get something off my chest and really explain my position on something.  Here goes:

I HATE THE AMOUNT OF "SEXINESS" THAT SHOWS UP IN SO MANY BIKINI, FIGURE, FITNESS & BODYBUILDING PROS PHOTO SHOOTS!!!

I am so tired of feeling embarassed and like I need to close my page or turn off my computer when I'm looking at a competitor's latest shoot and one of my kids walks in the room.  It's important to me to stay up to date re what's happening in the industry and follow a few big time competitors so I can note chanes and tweaks in their physiques.  This keeps me on the ball and helps me identify what the judges are looking for as I develop my own physique.  However, I don't appreciate seeing the sexy poses, sleezy outfits and behavior!  I understand why the posing suits are sooo tiny!  Obviously, in order to appreciate the hard work and musculature of these beautiful competitiors and professionals we need to be able to actually SEE them.  It's the rolling around on the floor, acting like they're in the midst of great passion that I don't need to see.

Let's take the industry back!  Let's show some class.  Is a bicep any less worthy of my admiration if it's just presented in a standard flexed bicep pose ?  What happened to good, old fashioned here I am, this is how hard I've worked, these are my muscles, what do you think?

Competitors & fitness professionals should be like veggies:  fresh, healthy and good for everybody, kids & adults alike. 

No comments: