Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Makin' it Happen - One Meal and One Workout at a Time

Powerful.  Strong.  Driven.  Motivated.  Grateful.  Clear headed.  Bad ass.

These are the words that come to mind when I examine how I feel about my journey in fitness. The road I'm traveling has become straight and I can see a long way down the road. The side streets have disappeared, there are no forks or obstacles in the road.  These things (obstacles, etc.) do not exist for me.  I do not accept them nor will I acknowledge them.  Oh, I know they are there.  Obstacles are like the guy in the grocery store that stares you down while you are shopping; you know he is there but he just is not important enough to warrant you expending any of your precious energy on his dorkiness.  

For the next 20.5 weeks I will be a machine, perfectly tuned and maintained for optimum performance.  I will not eat anything or do anything that will not move me closer to my goal of bringing my best to my first figure competition.  I will take one step at a time because I know that if I skip a step and try to run, I will trip and fall.  

I've had an amazing workout (today's is still to come), my food is prepped for the week and I am rested and energized.

Healthy ingredients ready to fuel my success!  YUM!

Happy Tuesday, dear reader!


    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work, enjoy the journey!

Tenecia said...

This post needs a "like" button :)

T.