Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Final Case Study Recap - Week Twelve is Complete

That's a wrap, folks!


I made it!  I successfully completed the 12 week Recipe For Fitness Case Study!  It was a fantastic experience and I can't thank Chelle and Tab enough for the things they taught me and they support they gave me.  It was truly a life changing experience.  You can read my final journal entry here:  http://www.recipeforfitness.com/transformation/carleneH.html.  Just scroll down to the bottom of the page, the entries are in chronological order.  Here are my progress pics and final stats:
    Final Stats:

  • Chest:  34.5
  • Waist:  27.5
  • Quad:  18
  • Bicep:  10.25
  • Calf:  12
  • Hips:  30

I realized very quickly that I needed to have a talk with myself and remember who I'm really doing this whole thing for.  Ultimately, it's for me.  I had completely shifted my drive and ambition to pleasing my trainer and nutritionist and took it off myself.  It was so much easier that way, it took the focus off me and it became like having a dream job.  I had a responsibility to uphold and nothing was going to stop me.  In my opinion, that doesn't really require a lot of self discipline.  It's really just about doing what's right.  Now that I'm back to doing it just for me, I have to practice self discipline.  If this is what I want (to compete) there are certain nonnegotiable things I must do to get it.  


And so here I go!  For the next seven weeks I will:

  • consume 1800 calories per day at a macro ratio of 40/30/30
  • do NO cardio
  • continue to build a strong foundation suitable for stage
  • tell myself every morning that there is a method to the madness
  • be grateful for my health and strive to be an example to those who want to get healthy too
  • work on blogging more often and share my journey with all of you
See you soon!

Happy Wednesday, dear reader!

 

2 comments:

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

Way to rock it out!!
You look phenomenal!!

Melissa Cunningham said...

awesome awesome awesome!!!
YOU are a ROCK STAR!
:D