Monday, February 6, 2012

Fitness Case Study - Week Eleven Recap

What Doesn't Kill Me Makes me Stronger!


I have one more week to soak up all the knowledge I can in this Fitness Case Study.  One more week.  What an incredible experience this has been.  What an honor to have been chosen, what a victory to have survived.  I made it!  I completely changed my life, the way I train, the way I eat, the way I think... in three months!  I am not the same woman I was when I started this adventure.  I am braver, stronger and better because of the journey I have been on.

You know, a lot of times, when people make a drastic life change, we hear things like, "Never look back" or "That's all in the past" but I'm not so sure that's how I feel.  I want to look back.  I want to remember where I was just one year ago.  I was fat, unhappy and hopeless.  It's true that those things are in my past but they are also an important part of who I am now.  I can't shut away the girl I used to be, she's a part of who I am.  She's evolved into a strong, confident woman who knows what she wants and is willing to work hard to get it.  

I have never worked so hard for anything in my life.  I have gone from being someone who could barely get out of bed to take her kiddos to school, to someone who gets up at 3:20am, eats her first meal, showers & dresses and gets to the gym by 4:30am so she can get her workout finished before her kiddos even wake up in the morning.  I've graduated from diet Mtn. Dew and chocolate and moved on to whole foods and whey for my sustenance.

I still get teary when I think about this being my last week with the girls.  But you know what? They've done such an awesome job with me that, even though I'm sad, I know I'm gonna' be alright.  I can figure macros, I can do a workout plan, I can do this.  This is what it was all about... the transformation.  I've been molded into a fitness machine.  I've been taught well and now it's time for me to spread my wings and leave the nest.  Besides, I know that if I fall, they'll be right there to pick me up and set me right.  

I want to leave you today with some lyrics from one of my favorite songs on my workout playlist.  They're from Stronger by Kelly Clarkson.  In reality, the song is about a romantic relationship coming to an end.  However, if I remove the anger and the romance, a lot of the sentiment in this song holds true for where I'm at in my life right now.  It's a time of transition, time for me to do it on my own.  This will not kill me... it will only make me stronger.  Better. A winner.  A CHAMPION!

 What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
stand a little tallerdoesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone.
What doesn't kill you makes a fighterFootsteps even lighterdoesn't mean I'm over cause your gone.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, strongerJust me, myself and IWhat doesn't kill you makes you strongerStand a little taller Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

Thanks to you I got a new thing startedThanks to you I'm not the broken heartedThanks to you I'm finally thinking 'bout me

What doesn't kill you makes you strongerStand a little tallerDoesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighterFootsteps even lighter....

Stand a little tallerDoesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone.

Read more: KELLY CLARKSON - STRONGER LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/stronger-lyrics-kelly-clarkson.html#ixzz1lc6nUPkm 

Copied from MetroLyrics.com    

Happy Monday, dear reader!  

No comments: