Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Theme Song(s)

It's no secret that music moves the soul.  It motivates.  It empowers.  It rocks!

Today FitFluential invited us to share our favorite theme song.  Well... I gotta a few cause cause that's just how I roll. 

Face the Pain by Stemme is my favorite weight lifting song.  When you're throwing weights and putting tears in your muscle fibers, IT HURTS!  It's PAINful.  So each time I hear "No escape can you step to this" I think "Hecks yea I can!"  Plus the beat is ridiculous!  I can't hear it and not work my ass off!  (tee hee!  gotta luv a double negative!)

Face the Pain - Stemme

Face the pain, no escape can you step to this
Face the pain, Face the pain, It's ripping me into pieces
Face the pain, no escape can you step to this
Face the pain, Face the pain, It's ripping me into pieces
(For full lyrics, please click the link on the video) 


Now I gotta show my girl Kelly Clarkson some love too.  Her song, Stronger is my ultimate motivator when I'm doing my HIIT (high intensity interval training).  I have a tendancy to play this one when I have to do pullups too.  It gets me thru just about anything.



So, I have one more song up my sleeve.  It's the song I use for my visulization, my cool downs and sometimes I put it on repeat play and listen to it over and over because it resonates so strongly with me. Came to Win by Nicki Minaj featuring Rhianna.



Do you have a theme song?  What tune plays in your head when you need it most? 

3 comments:

Tenecia said...

Fly was my theme song for one of my preps - it just spoke to everything I wanted to accomplish at my show!

I had never heard the song by Stemm - I must say - I liked it!

T.

FIGUR(E)-atively Speaking said...

Hey T!
Thanks for your comment! Cool to know that you liked the Stemme tune. It really gets me going. As for Fly, no surprise there, it's just about perfect for us girls, huh? :)

Anonymous said...

Where have you been? How's your progress??