Monday, November 14, 2011

Ready to Commit!

I'm finally ready to commit to a training regime!  I've decided that I'll do an upper / lower split sort of a thing.  Since my goal, at the present time, is to build size and strength I'm going to focus on the basics.  For lower body days I'll do exercises like:

  • squats
  • leg extensions
  • leg curls
  • dead lifts
  • lunges
For upper body days I'll do:
  • bicep curls
  • tricep press downs
  • push ups
  • lat pull downs
  • chin ups
My plan is to work lower body twice per week and upper body twice per week.  In addition to the building part of my program I want to throw in some cardio.  I'm going to keep it to twice per week so I don't overload my body.  I'm going to leave my options open with the cardio so that if I feel like doing a video I can and if I want to jog or go rollerblading, I can do that too.

So, with that being said, it's time to get started!  I think I'll use the blog as a place to track my progress. Here are my beginning measurements:
  • WAIST 28 1/2
  • HIPS 33 1/2
  • RT THIGH 18 1/4
  • RT CALF 12 1/4
  • CHEST (under arms, not around breasts) 35 1/4
  • RT BICEP 10 1/2
  • WEIGHT 108.6
  • BODY FAT 23%  (according to my cheesy Weight Watchers scale)
  • TIME 1:00 PM
If I get brave enough, I may post pictures but I'm not committed to that idea as of yet.  ;)  

I've still to decide how much weight loss (if any) I'd like to see this month.  I think rather than seeing my weight go down, I'd like to see it stay the same with a change in body composition. I will be doing more research to see what goals I can set realistically. 

More later!  :)

Happy Monday, dear reader! 

     

    No comments: