Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Can you help???

Well, I'm speaking thru huge amounts of disappointment today.  For the last few weeks, I have been awaiting word on whether I was accepted as a member of a case study that a fellow blogger is doing.  She is pursuing her dreams of changing the world full force and is taking eight VERY LUCKY people with her!  Unfortunately, I will not be one of those eight people.  But I will be supporting the chosen few, and learning from the experiences they have.  You can too at:  www.recipeforfitness.com.  This is sure to be a motivating journey and one we don't want to miss.


But-- its ONWARDS AND UPWARDS for me now!  Time to figure out my next step in my fitness journey.  Here's what I want:
I WANT TO LOOK LIKE AVA COWAN!!!


Now, my diet is pretty dialed in.  I've pretty much got that figured out, I think.  It's the training I'm trying to figure out.  I have a lot of equipment at the ready and I'm willing to work for it.  My natural tendency is to get skinny.  Well, in case you didn't notice, the woman in that picture is NOT skinny!  She is round and buff and strong!  My problem is not cardio.  I'm NOT a cardio queen, in fact, I do very little cardio.  So what's up?  How do I build a body like that???


I'd like to enlist the help of my readers, I know you're out there!  :)  There are a lot of you reading this blog (thank you so much, by the way) and I need your help, please.  Have any of you been thru this problem?  What did you do?  What worked, what didn't work?  I really need your advice and ideas, please.  I'll be waiting for your comments!


Happy Wednesday, dear reader!

2 comments:

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

I'm in the learning process.
What I've learned so far is that a very specified diet eaten at specific times during the day from the time you wake up until the time you go to sleep. There is LOTS of protein, eaten at everyone of the 6 meals. It ranges (depending on goals) around 1 to 1.5g per pound of body weight. There's also a rhyme and reason to the way and what type of carbs are eaten when throughout the day. I eat most of my complex carbs earlier in the day and my last meals of the night have just greens as my carb.
As I build more muscle, there is more food too - hard to believe that I'm eating this much, losing body fat and gaining muscle.
Then, there is lifting. Lift heavy and hard! We sometimes start with a weight so heavy that I can only do 3 reps, then we slightly lower & lower the weights. I was lifting 3 days a week, doing splits so that all body parts are covered. This week, I'm going to 4 days - and ~eek~ cardio. I only do 20 minutes of cardio in my target heart rate zone. We don't want to start eating the muscle that I am building.

I also change up routines every month or six weeks.

This is great for looking for exercises for specific body parts and specific equipment. Also, there is a plethora of info on nutrition, bodybuilding, etc. there.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

I'm only in the early stages, but learning a ton. I highly recommend looking into a trainer (even one who trains competitors even if you don't want to compete.) It's worth the consult and some sessions to learn what's right for your goals. - Eventually I hope to be able to figure it all out myself, lol. I also read as much as I can get my hands on. Our library has pretty good text books on nutrition, and I've been lent some books on nutrition and exercise/weight lifting. I'm also obsessed with magazines - M&F Hers, Oxygen, FitnessRX for Her, even the men's muscle mags have cool info.

I also want bigger muscles and am finally seeing them grow. =) Whew! Sorry for being so long winded!

LPM

Miguel said...

I want you to look like Ava Cowan too! Then I want you to look like Scarlett Johanssen. Then I want you to look like Jennifer Anniston. Then I want you to look like Cooking Lady De Laurentis...oh, wait...you already look like her! Yea! ;)