Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fitness Case Study - Week Six Recap

Hi there!  I've now completed six weeks of the Recipe For Fitness case study.  That marks half way, folks.  I've packed on more muscle than I've ever had in my lifetime.  Although I was eating clean before I started the study, I defiantly wasn't eating correctly.  I want to write another happy, upbeat post but despite my progress, I'm a little bummed.


Reflecting on the process makes me realize just how soon it will be over.  Its like a dream to have someone plan your meals for you, especially according to your personal tastes and fitness goals!  Top that off with someone coordinating your workouts so perfectly, so purposefully, that your body starts changing almost immediately and its not something you ever want to lose.  I won't ever give up the lifestyle changes I've made, the knowledge I've gained or the discipline I've developed but the set up I have right now is perfect!  I am forever spoiled, educated and changed by the RFF Girls!  ;) 

On the lighter side, the Hubby & I have started training together and what a difference it makes!  I was able to push so much harder today because of him being there to spot me thru those last couple of reps!  
Just look at all the people!

I've made a realization that I'm not too fond of, however.  Apparently, the cozy little bubble I exist in while I'm working out in my basement does not encircle me everywhere I go!  I have discovered that I am not the only person on the planet when I'm working out.  When I first started the case study, I wasn't as strong as I am now and so the smaller free weights that I had in my basement were plenty to keep me going.  I've built a lot of strength in the last few weeks and I've outgrown my home gym so the hubby and I joined the Y-Center.  Luckily, he qualifies for a corporate membership and his company takes care of it so it worked out well.  Anyway, my first time at the Y-Center proved to be interesting.  There were people everywhere and they were using the equipment I needed!  I couldn't believe it!  I accidentally made an audible noise (ok, maybe more of a whine) when I finished one of my circuits and went to start it over again.  There was someone using the machine I needed! 
I'm waaaaaiiiting.........

"Wh-wh-what is going on here?", I thought to myself as I quickly went over my options in my head.  I could stand around and wait for him to do his set(s) or I could improvise.  I chose to improvise (while still working the same muscle group and maintaining the integrity of my workout) and in the end, I think it was the right choice as I still left the gym exhausted and proud of what I'd accomplished.


I wonder if Ava Cowan has to stand around and wait for equipment???
I'm guessing she probably doesn't have to stand around and wait for much of anything. 

Happy Tuesday, dear reader!!!
        

1 comment:

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

I'm sure I make faces and let out those audible noises too all to often at the gym. That is the one drawback. But, maybe it will lighten up in a few weeks once all of the New Years Resolutioners fall off! Terrible, I know.
I've also found the "right" time to hit the gyms that I go too. It's a weird interval of between 7am and 8:30am. People come earlier who have to get to their jobs, and later come the influx of moms who are waiting for the childcare part to open. ;)