Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Where Do I Start???

Hmmm... it's been a while.  Hi there!  In one of the last blogs I wrote, I told you that I had changes happening so fast I could hardly see straight.  Well, things have slowed down a bit and the fog is beginning to lift.  Of course, summer vaca has started for the kids so there is less chaos in that arena.  We received wonderful news that my son's turn has finally come up on the waiting list of the school we've been dying to have him attend, finally!  We've been waiting three years for him to get his shot at attending one of the top ten schools in the state.  In the fall, all three kiddos will be at the same school and we couldn't be happier about this.


So, "that's all happy stuff and should make you feel more organized and on top of the world so where the hell have you been?", you're probably asking yourself.  In a nutshell, my hubby got a new job that took him out of the country for no less than one year.  We will be able to see each other twice during this year, for a few days each time, and that's it.  We thought very hard and long about this and decided that, in the end, it is the best decision for our family.  While I can't discuss where he is or what he's doing, the new job did include a promotion which will help us to be a little more financially stable.  


However, it also leaves me to raise three kids on my own for the next year.  Thank God, we have great neighbors who watch out for us and have offered to help out however they can.  One of the neighbors even told me one evening after I'd been gone a few hours that someone had parked in my driveway and "knocked on my door".  Tee hee!  Good thing I'm not up to any "funny business", she'd for sure know it if I was!  LOL!


Anyway, I've been pretty darned depressed over the last 3 months or so and pretty much gave up on everything I'd been working so hard for fitness wise.  I ate a bunch of crap, stopped working out (pretty much right after my last post) and wallowed in self pity for a while.  I love my hubby, he's my bestest friend in the whole wide world and I miss him terribly. 


BUT I HAVE TO PERSEVERE!

So I am now going to look at my situation as an opportunity.  I have time to work on building the physique I know I can have.  When we agreed that he'd take this new position, I knew it meant canceling my competition I was going to do in July.  It's always been a dream of mine to compete and to do it without him would absolutely ruin it for me.  Besides that, I've never gone thru contest prep before and I'm not sure I can do it on my own with three kids!  LOL!   So, for the next year, I'll be in a "building phase".  I have one year to GROW.  Then at the end of that year, I will begin contest prep and hopefully compete in October 2013.

Here's to opportunities, new beginnings and all that life has to offer!

4 comments:

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

I sympathize. My hubby has been deployed, then had to also go overseas as well as on details for his now job. I miss him terribly when he's gone.

Building will be great! And just keep that goal in mind all the time! Slip ups happen. After all, we're all human, right?

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. One step at a time!

Tenecia said...

Sending you strength & positive vibes!!!

Glad you're back :)

T.

Miguel said...

Kick-ass, Babycakes.